Welcome to MelodyBit! MelodyBit is a new social platform whose primary focus is to bring your music memories closer to you. Because we know life is filled with meaningful memories, we’ve created this platform just for you! But there’s a small twist… and we call it music. We’ve all been there, at some point in our lives, when a particular song plays and reminisces life memories. With MelodyBit, you can search the songs that spark your memories and also discover the ones that spark your friends’.
When you use our services, whether in the MelodyBit app or elsewhere, you’ll share information with us. And we are mindful on how important your privacy is to you. Which brings us to our next point: we’re big advocates of honoring a transparent agreement between you and us: you deserve to know the information we collect from you, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the controls granted to you to access, and modify your information.
We collect the following types of information.
- Your email address, username and password when you register for a MelodyBit account.
- Profile information that you provide on your user profile (e.g., profile picture).
- User Content (personal memories, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communication between you and MelodyBit. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, forgot password, changes/updates to features of the Services). Notice that you may not opt out of Service-related emails.
Moreover, when you contact MelodyBit Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you listened to a particular track. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with the services, such as which artists or track genres you search for the most.
- how you communicate with other users, such as their usernames, the time and date of your communications, the comments/reactions that you leave on your friends’ memories.
- Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to upload a profile picture unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, and Wifi access points.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used our services.
- device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- access times.
- pages viewed.
- IP address.
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
So what do we do with the information we collect? Short and sweet: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services tailored to you as much as possible. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- develop, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- communicate with you, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, and services we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other MelodyBit users. We may share the following information with other MelodyBit users:
- information about you, such as your username, name, and profile picture.
- any additional information you have consented for us to share. For example, when you share your memories through your Facebook account.
- With third parties. We may share your information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
On our end, we automatically delete the content of your memories (and the reactions and comments associated with it) from our servers after we detect that a memory has been deleted by the owner.
Moreover, keep in mind that users who see your content can always save it using any number of techniques: screenshots, in-app functionality, or any other image-capture technology. Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. Finally, we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access and Updates. We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. There are limits though to the requests we’ll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, is repetitive, or is unlawful. You can access and update most of your basic account information right in the app by visiting the app’s Edit Profile page. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information.
- Revoking Permissions. If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your phonebook or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Account Deletion. While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong MelodyBit user, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, just go reach out to support.
Although we welcome MelodyBit users from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, your information may be shared within the MelodyBit Inc. family. This means that we may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live.
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.